Stephen King is an American author of contemporary horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy. His books have sold more than 350 million copies, many of which have been adapted into feature films, miniseries, television shows, and comic books. King has published 54 novels, including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman, and six non-fiction books.
On his birthday, we bring you some of his inspirational quotes that teach important lessons of life.
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. “
- “Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn’t carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life.”
- “Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enrich your own life, as well.”
- “I think that we’re all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better – and maybe not all that much better after all.”
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
- “Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.”
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
- “Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later, it always comes around to where you started again.”
- “You see something, then it clicks with something else, and it will make a story. But you never know when it’s going to happen.”
- “The scariest moment is always just before you start.”