With today’s way of life, people are more likely to suffer from obesity, and exposed to various diseases or contract some forms of cancer. On the other hand, modern day medicine has evolved such that people can rely on the latest drugs or devices to treat cancer.
When it comes to treating cancer, prevention and detection is probably the best way to nipping it in its bud. Thus, we should always go for regular health screenings to detect cancer in its early stages and isolate it early. On the other hand, we also try to prevent or delay contracting cancer as far as possible by consuming healthy foods, which we have compiled a list of for you. (Do not replace this list with your regular health checkup.)
1. Cauliflower:Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a compound that has been shown to have anti-cancer effects. Sulforaphane are released when cauliflower is broken down, so focus on chewing it before swallowing. This compound seeks and destroys certain cancer cells without harming your healthy cells.
2. Carrots: Even though carrots are mainly thought to be good for one’s eye sight, researches from the last ten years suggest that they are also good against some types of cancer, one of which is prostate cancer.A study was done on mice who were fed an increased carrot intake, and the study showed that carrots could stop the growth of prostate cancer. Carrot have many other health benefits too, there is no reason not to eat them!
3. Avocados: Not many people are fans of this fruit, but avocados as a food are so beneficial, they are almost a must-have item in your kitchen. Avocados have an abundance of nutrients, mostly antioxidants which have been proven to reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer.Avocados also have a high amount of healthy monounsaturated fat. This is a high-fat fruit, which is definitely interesting, considering how most of the other fruits are very low in fat or even fat free, and avocados can actually help you lose weight and not the reverse.
4. Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the best natural cancer fighters against many types of cancer. Colon and bladder cancer are among the top two cancers that can be treated or even prevented when eating broccoli. Find it in whichever form you can, be it fresh, frozen or pre-cooked, it will still retain most of its nutritional value!The high fibre levels in broccoli can also help with your digestion, so broccoli is a vegetable that is beneficial for your health to eat often.
5. Walnuts: Want to prevent breast cancer or prostate cancer? Walnuts may be your answer. They also contain lots of omega 3, a type of fatty acids that is actually beneficial to our health such as lowering our risk of coronary heart diseases and reducing high cholesterol. Walnuts are great as a breakfast food or as a snack in between meals.