It’s hard to believe, but the phenomenon that is the Twilight series began 10 years ago. While people have had issues with the franchise, you have to admit that Stephenie Meyer was kind of brilliant with the idea.
Check out these 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Twilight.
- Before actual casting for Twilight took place, author Stephanie Meyer had a cast of her own already lined up in her head: Emily Browning as Bella Swan, Henry Cavill as Edward Cullen, Charlie Hunnam as Carlisle Cullen, Mary-Louise Parker as Esme Cullen, Rachael Leigh Cook as Alice Cullen, Trent Ford as Jasper Hale, Tom Welling as Emmett Cullen and Olivia Wilde as Rosalie Hale.
- Each of the Native American actors had to provide papers proving they were descendants of Native Americans. This included Taylor Lautner, who is said to be descended on his mother’s side from the Ottawa and Potawatomi tribes.
- The fourth book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, was broken down into two movies. “My personal feeling is that it would be very difficult to cram the whole story into one movie,” Meyer said on her website. “Everyone I’ve spoken with at Summit (the film studio) seems to feel the same way.”
- You probably never wondered why Rosalie (played by Nikki Reed) is wearing gloves during that salad bowl-breaking scene. But in case you were curious, it’s because Nikki cut her hands on the first take.
- Robert Pattinson had never heard of the Twilight novels before showing up for casting. He actually only attended casting because he liked Kristen Stewart’s performance in “Into the Wild”.
- MTV Films originally owned the rights to make the film. After scripting difficulties, MTV dropped the project which was then picked up by Summit Entertainment.
- The author of the books, Stephanie Meyer, actually made a cameo in Twilight! She’s the woman in the diner using a laptop!