Pranayama is powerful breathing technique that ensures healthy body and calm mind. Regular practice of various types of pranayama improves breathing pattern, purifies blood, boosts resistance power and gives physical strength. Anulom Vilom Pranayam is also known as Nadi Shodhana Pranayama or alternate nostril breathing. The asana focuses on your breathing. The breathing process is from alternate nostrils. By the practice of Anulom Vilom Pranayam, the whole nervous system is cleansed and toned. It is one of the most simple asanas to practice.
How to practice Anulom Vilom :
* Close your eyes and relax. Sit in this position for a couple of minutes till you settle down.
* Close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale slowly through the left nostril. Fill up your lungs to the maximum capacity.
* Now close left nostril with middle and ring finger and exhale through the right nostril very slowly and rhythmically.
* Inhale again through the right nostril.
* Exhale again through the left nostril.
* Cleans up and tones up the entire nervous system.
* It is also beneficial in migraine and chronic sinus problems.
* It strengthens the heart. Improves blood circulation and breathing capacity.
* Practice of Anulom Vilom Pranayam removes mental tension and worries.
* The face becomes bright, luminous and calm.
* Helps improve concentration
* Removes blockage of arteries
* Excellent for glowing skin
* It is helpful in contemplation and also gives the strength to meditate for several hours.
* It keeps the mind calm, peaceful and cheerful and helps in overcoming depression.
Pranayama or breathing exercise can be a great way to start your day. Early morning is the best time to practice and reap anulom vilom pranayama benefits, especially outside where you can find fresh air. It is recommended to do breathing exercises on an empty stomach.