Unique, healthy, yummy, cheesy and delicious, the baked vegetable in white sause is worth trying. Veggies like spinach, baby corn, tomatoes, herbs, parsley etc can be used in the Best way to make your fussy baby Or hubby eat them. Here, an assortment of colourful veggies is mixed into white sauce, topped with cheese and bread crumbs and baked till the cheese melts and forms a lusciously gooey layer over the vegetables. Is easy to bake.
Ingredients : (cup size-250ml)
* 4 boiled potatoes (mashed potatoes)
* 10 to 12 chopped spinach leaves
* 6 to 7 babycorn chopped into rounds
* 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
* 1 cup cheddar cheese
* 4 bread slices + ½ cup water
* few dried herbs
* salt as per taste
White Sauce Ingredients:
* 2 tbsp butter
* 4 tbsp flour
* ½ cup milk
* 1 t/s salt
1. First we shall make white sauce. Take a wide bottomed saucepan. Add butter and place on low heat.
2. Soon add flour and keep stirring. After 2 mins switch off the gas.
3. Add milk to it. Now switch on the gas and keep stirring. Also add salt.
4. Soon it will start thickening. Switch off the gas and keep aside.
5. Take baking dish and place mashed potatoes at the bottom.
6. Now scatter spinach leaves, baby corn and cherry tomatoes.
7. Pour the white sauce over them.
8. Spread some cheese slices and keep some reserved.
9. Lastly dip bread slices in water. Squeeze the water from the bread. Spread them over the top.
10. Sprinkle some dried herbs.
11. Now place cheese slices and wrap them all over the top with cheese.
12. Preheat oven at 180°C for 5 mins before baking. Bake at 180°C for 12 to 14 mins Or until nice brown on top and baked.
13. Serve hot with tomato and chilly sause.
Note : Non Vegetarians can add chicken or ham into the dish.
Cherry tomatoes add a great taste and hence are used here. Cheese has endless varieties when it comes to baking. You could use right from plain cheese, mozarella cheese, cheddar cheese, processed cheese, parmesan cheese, blue cheese etc.
Try making this baked vegetable and have a sumptuous meal.