Cake is a form of sweet dessert that is baked in oven on even heat at a set oven temperature. In its oldest forms, cakes were usually baked in the form of a bread for breakfast but over time, with the invention of new ingredients, cakes took the desserts such as pastries, meringues, custards and pies. The typically ingredients that go into a cake are flour, sugar, eggs and butter or oil and may be some form of fruit or flavouring to give it additional texture and taste. Leavening agents such as yeast or baking powder are used to make the cake rise and give it a desired texture.
Remember the times when you have the instant urge of having a chocolate cake or when you have house parties or dinners and you are in a fix not being able to decide the dessert menu? Here we have a delicious chocolate cake recipe for you all. This chocolate cake has a wonderfully light texture that can stun anyone. Light, fairly moist and delicious with all the goodness of chocolate is what makes this cake a special one and can be used as a base for any chocolate cakes.
The preparation time for the cake is around 10 minutes plus 20 minutes baking time.
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup plain flour (maida)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bi-carbonate
1/2 tin (200 grams) condensed milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tspvanilla essence
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate.
- Combine all the ingredients together with 1/2 cup (100 ml.) of water in a bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Pour this mixture into a greased 150 mm. (6″) diameter baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 minutes or till a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Unmould and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into small pieces.
And you are ready to serve…
Serve warm with vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce.
We’ll keep updating you with delicious recipes of different kinds of delicacies and desserts.