Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert enriched with sweet cream cheese, delicate cake, and spiked with coffee and a delicious taste. A liqueur dessert is a sure way to warm up this winter and this classic tiramisu is sure to be a crowd pleaser. This dessert is rich in history and taste! One can perfect their own tiramisu with this simple recipe.
* 2 cups strong black coffee
* 1/2 cup marsala
* 3 eggs, separated
* 1/3 cup caster sugar
* 250g mascarpone
* 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
* 1 large packet of sponge fingers
* cocoa, for dusting
1. Pour coffee and Marsala into a shallow dish. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and thick.
3. Add the mascarpone and whipped cream, mixing gently until just combined.
4. Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form.
5. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg-whites into the mascarpone mixture.
6. Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 19cm square ceramic dish.
7. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture.
8. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
9. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.
Tip : Marsala can be replaced with orange juice if preferred.
Look for mascarpone in a cheese case in large supermarkets, speciality cheese shops or gourmet food stores.