Life is a gift to be valued. We must not put ourself in any kind of physical risk. This also apply to our daily routine and life in general. Here are some things that you should never try in life.
1. Help people who don’t help themselves. People only change their behaviors when they want to. Don’t waste your time and energy to change individuals who don’t have any intention and motivation to change.
2. Rush to the conclusion before hearing from both sides. Our decisions are usually biased. It’s hard for us to change that. But by acknowledging, we learn to collect more data before you make a final determination.
3. Judge yourself based on others’ standard. Stop comparing. Instead, spend lots of time to figure what you want and who you are. Be transparent with your visions, strengths, and weaknesses, rather than doubting and judging yourself based on what others have and do.
4. Overly obsess with the outcome and forget about the process. It is the process that generates the result. Many people are too focused on the result that, at the end of the day, they get nowhere.
5. Expect things that are outside of your control. Don’t expect your boss to promote you, ask what you can do more for your boss. Don’t expect your spouse to love you more, ask how you can show him/her love. And don’t expect the market to embrace your business idea, ask what your target audience want.
6. Say YES to every single request of other people. First, commit to everything you said “yes” to. When you do that, you will find that you don’t have much time and energy to commit to everything that comes to you.
7. Learn helplessness. Failure happens when we take undesired circumstances personally, see it as permanent, and believe there is nothing we can do to change that. It kills many people before they are physically dead.
8. Damage your body. Delay your expired date, so you can do more of what you want to do.