Tamil Nadu CM, Jayalalithaa is known to be the leader of Tamils & ‘Amma’ for millions, she passed away on December 5, 2016. Hither, the facts that collapsed her.
1. Amma was admitted to the hospital on September 22 under the cause of fever & dehydration. She ached from a heart attack this Sunday morning. And then, she has undergone a heart surgery on Monday morning.
2. Jayalalithaa was on ECMO (Extra-Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) device. It’s applied to the patient when the patient’s heart or lungs failed to act thus. Blood has drowned out from the vein & passed to the oxy generator machine. A patient can withstand either some days or a few weeks.
3. She was shifted from AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) to Apollo hospital in Chennai. The team members included pulmonologist Dr. Khilnani, cardiac surgeon Dr. Sachin Talwar, anesthetist Dr. Anjan Trikha and cardiologist Dr. Rajiv Narang.
4. The 3-member team was rushed to the hospital, which included pulmonologist, Specialist, an anesthesiologist. The hospital also phoned the doctor Richard Beale from London who worked on Amma right from her admission.
5. Apollo hospital on November 4 had released a report that “Amma is conscious”. After a week, on November 12, the hospital alleged that she is fit to be released.
6. In the second week of October, the hospital said the treatment includes “continued respiratory support, nebulisation, antibiotics, nutrition, general nursing care and supportive therapy.