Experience shared by Rinita
That would be my husband.
Last December (2016), he decided to go to Vegas for a weekend with his friend to relax and have fun. Since I had work, and I wanted him to have some guys time (Secretly, even I wanted to have some alone time), I did not accompany him.
The day husband had to leave for Vegas; I was at the office. So, I couldn’t see him off. We just spoke over the phone, and I told him to enjoy and come back safely.
I had no idea about the things that were waiting for me back at home. I came back in the evening, opened the house door, and saw things that made me realize how caring and loving this man is.
- On the dining table, I saw my favorite flavor of Lays with a note “Enjoy maadi (Enjoy)!”
- There was a movie ticket beside the chips bag. The note said, “In case you go to the movies.”
- In the living room, there was a note in the midst of x-box controller and TV remote. It said “binge-watch Sens8.” He likes the show and wanted me to watch it.
- On the kitchen platform, there was a container filled with vegetable pulav (rice cooked with vegetables and spices). It’s one of my favorite dishes, and he took the effort to cook it for me! And again, there was note that said: “Finish me!” That was really sweet of him.
- I always keep a box full of apples. I like to munch on fruits at the office, instead of filling my stomach with junk food. But most of the times, I forget. Husband always reminds me to take, and since he was going, he stuck a note that said: “Don’t forget to take an apple to the office.”
- I had recently purchased a laptop and hadn’t tested it yet. Husband had reminded me many times, but I used to forget. So, there it was, my new laptop and again, a note beside it – “Test me!”
- Let me remind you again – I am a forgetful person. Many times, I forget to carry house keys with me. To avoid this situation, husband’s last post-it note was on the wall beside the house door, which said: “Don’t forget to take keys.”
Being romantic doesn’t always mean saying I love you. It also means showing your love and concern by doing thoughtful things.
This is one of the most romantic things that I have ever experienced.