Indian Railway is one of the oldest railway lines in the world. It has a huge and extensive rail coverage.
There was a time when rail journey used to be long and tiring. However, thanks to some superfast trains which have reduced this journey time significantly. Let’s have a look at the top 10 fastest trains of India.
- Gatiman Express: The name suggests it all. The Semi-High speed train runs with the highest speed of 160 kilometre / hour. What’s more the train covers a distance of 200 kilometres within 105 minutes.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express: One of the most reputed Indian trains in India it runs at a top speed of 91 km/h. The train operates between the New Delhi and Bhopal Junction route.
- Mumbai New Delhi Rajdhani Express: The railiway ministry innaugrated this train in 1972. It is a true magic on wheel. The train has runs at a speed of 90.46 km/h. it covers a huge distance within a reasonable amount of time.
- Sealdah – New Delhi Duronto: This train runs along the New Delhi – West Bengal route. The train runs at a speed of 91.13 km/hr. The train is the speediest train running on the Grand Chord route.
- New Delhi Kanpur Shatabdi Express: The train follows the reverse timetable of the Lucknow Shatabdi and hence is fondly called Kanpur Reverse Shatabdi. The train was recently introduced in 2009and has become hugely popular.
- New Delhi -Howrah Rajdhani Express: The train has the glory of being the first ever Rajdhani of India. This train gets the highest priority on any other train and is the 5th fastest train of India. It runs at a speed of 88.21 km/hr. It is the first train in which government has installed Wi-Fi
- New Delhi – Howrah Duronto Express: One of the most beautifully decorated and offbeat trains, this train is special as it has almost no halts and nor it has any unauthorised seating.
- New Delhi – Allahabad Duronto Express: The superfast train connects New Delhi to Allahabad and runs at an average speed of 86.85 km/hr. Moreover it covers the huge distance within 19 hours and 20 minutes.